One Skillet: Turkey Spinach Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce is super fast to make, cooks in one pot and tastes like a dish you would order in your favorite Italian Restaurant!
I have to admit, I surprised myself with this one! It was one of those nights that I had nothing planned (happens all the time) for dinner and just started grabbing ingredients that I had in my pantry and fridge. I never in a million years thought I would end up with such a spectacularly delicious and easy to make dinner…but I’m telling you, some kind of magic happened in that skillet!
The star of this dish is the sauce; it’s rich and creamy, bursting with flavor and best of all, it makes itself! Everything goes into one skillet, cooks for less than 30 minutes and you’re ready to eat!
One Skillet: Turkey Spinach Pasta with Tomato Cream sauce reminds me of Pasta Alla Vodka meeting and marrying Farfalle Carbonara… a marriage of the Gods for sure! Just ask yourself, what could possibly be better than bacon, cream, tomato & cheese??? Maybe some Vodka? Hmmm, you just might see a variation of this recipe coming soon on The Salted Pepper!
What you’ll need for One Skillet: Turkey Spinach Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce:
- Ground Turkey
- Farfalle Pasta (Bowtie)
- Chicken Stock
- Tomato Paste
- Heavy Cream (half and half is pictured, but I threw caution to the wind and used heavy cream instead!)
- White Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet or large saute pan. I would suggest using a thick cut bacon for this recipe, my favorite is Oscar Meyer Apple Wood Smoked Bacon. You can purchase it at your local grocery store. If you only have regular thin bacon, use 4 slices instead of 2. Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Leave bacon grease in skillet or saute pan.
While Bacon is cooking, dice up an onion. When bacon has been removed from pan, turn heat to medium and add diced onion and ground turkey, salt & pepper to the bacon grease. When ground turkey is cooked half way (about 5 minutes), add in minced garlic. Continue cooking until ground turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add Farfalle (Bowtie) pasta to skillet and chicken stock. Boil for about 7 minutes, the pasta should be still slightly hard.
Add tomato paste and stir to combine, add in cream and simmer on low for about 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente and sauce begins to thicken.
Grate the Cheddar cheese. I recommend using a good quality sharp white cheddar cheese. I really like the one I get from Sam’s club, Black Diamond Sharp Cheddar. Add the cheese to the simmering pasta and stir to combine. Add spinach and stir. Add bacon and stir. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted and sauce has thickened. Serve & Enjoy!
One Skillet: Turkey Spinach Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce is so decadent, no one will believe it takes just 30 minutes to make!
One Skillet: Turkey Spinach Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 Pieces Thick Cut Apple Wood Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 Vidalia onion diced
- 8 ounces Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced (about 1/1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 Cups Farfalle Pasta
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Cups Fresh Spinach
- In a cast iron skillet or large saute pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels
- Dice onion and add to bacon grease in skillet. Add ground turkey, salt and pepper, saute on medium until turkey is 1/2 way done, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through
- Add Farfalle pasta and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook about 7 minutes, pasta should still be slightly underdone.
- Add tomato paste and cream. Reduce heat to medium low or until you have a constant simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente and sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cheese, bacon and spinach, stir to combine. Simmer on low for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted and sauce has thickened.
- Serve & Enjoy