Simple & Delicious!
This Chicken & Wild Rice Bake literally takes minutes to throw together, cooks all in one pot and when plated, looks like you spent hours making it. My husband has always shied away from the dark meat of chicken and he isn’t always a huge fan of one pot “casserole” dishes, but he loves this dish.
What you’ll need:
Rice a Roni- Wild rice blend
boneless, skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the rice a roni wild rice into a 2.75 quart or larger casserole dish. Open seasoning packets and sprinkle over rice. Cut up 1/2 of the stick of butter and place over rice mixture. Add chicken broth.
In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme and poultry season. Coat both sides of the chicken thighs with spice mixture. I chose to use chicken thighs because they are very forgiving with long cook times. Since this will be in the oven for 90 minutes, I thought chicken breasts could become dry. There will be some left over spice mixture, just pour it on top of the baby carrots and mix to coat.
Add the chicken thighs to the casserole dish. Cover with baby carrots.Cut the remaining 1/2 stick of butter up and place on top of the carrots. Cover with tinfoil and place into preheated oven for 60 minutes.
After 6o minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes. You can see that after 60 minutes, the rice still has not absorbed the chicken stock, this will happen in the next 30 minutes I promise!
Turn oven off and allow to sit in hot oven for about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken & wild rice bake, serve hot.
Chicken & Wild Rice Bake
- 2 Boxes Rice a Roni Wild Rice blend
- 2 1/12 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Stick of butter divided
- 6 Chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 2 Teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups Baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour both boxes of Rice a Roni into a 2.75 (or larger) quart casserole dish. Sprinkle seasoning packets over rice.
- Cut up 1/2 stick of butter and place on top of rice Mixture. Pour in chicken stock.
- Combine spices and rub on both sides of chicken thighs. Use the extra spice mixture to coat carrots.
- Place chicken into casserole dish. Cover with carrots and slice 1/2 stick of butter on top of carrots. and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes on 375 degrees Fahrenheit, then remove foil and continue to bake for 30 minutes or until most of the chicken stock has been absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit in hot oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.