Homemade Cream Style Corn is one of those simple pleasures in life and, once you make it yourself, I’ll bet you’ll never buy the canned cream style corn again!
As a kid, Mom served cream corn once in a while and it was always one of my favorites. She always mixed a can of drained canned corn (or fresh corn cut off the cob) with a can of cream style corn, doctored it up a bit and it was delicious!
A few years ago, I was making Thanksgiving dinner for a crowd and I realized that I forgot to buy the canned cream style corn. I had plenty of whole corn frozen, so I decided to make some Homemade Cream Corn from just frozen corn.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh my goodness! Not only was it easy, it was so much better than simply mixing canned cream style corn with whole corn. Then, a few weeks ago, I purchased the new Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender and I thought… I bet I could make it even easier in the blender! I was right, it is so quick and easy to make your own homemade cream corn right in the blender!
What is the Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender?
In case you are not familiar with this new blender, let me go over it briefly. I’m still getting to know the functions and, once I master the appliance, I will do a full review on it for sure!
Basically, the Hot Cold Blender is a high speed blender that can make frozen smoothies, soups, dips, sauces, and many more things. Sounds similar to other blenders, right?
The big difference between this blender and many other popular models is it can also heat and cook without the blades spinning. So, if you want chunky soup, you can make chunky soup. It is a wonderful feature!
The price is also unbelievable! This blender is a fraction of the cost of similar blenders! You can find them in many retail stores and also on Amazon. Here is the link to the blender on Amazon if you want to take a look at it: Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender
Since the blender is pretty new to me at the time of this post, I don’t have a ton of recipes for it yet! I did make a delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup in the blender and it was so easy!
Can I make Homemade Cream Style Corn with the Hot Cold Blender?
Yes, absolutely! I made if for years without the Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender, it just is a little more time consuming. If you want to make it stove top, please see this recipe for Easy Homemade Creamed Corn.
If you want to make homemade cream corn using the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker & Air Crisper, you can do that too!
Here are the instructions:
- Place 1 cup of water in the inner pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Add 10-12 ounces of frozen corn (canned or fresh is fine too)
- PC on high for 1 minute and immediately release the pressure.
- Remove corn and liquid from the inner pot and place in a mixing bowl or any container.
- Place half of the corn with about half of the liquid into a blender and pulse 5-6 times until the corn is broken up and you have a chunky mixture.
- Put 2 Tbsp of salted butter into the inner pot and turn the sear/sauté on medium-high.
- Once the butter has melted, add ½ Tbsp of flour and stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chunky corn mixture, the remaining corn (drain the liquid), ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ cup half and half or whole milk.
- Stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium-high heat until the cream corn is hot enough.
- Serve & Enjoy!
How to make Homemade Cream Style Corn in the Hot Cold Blender
This is going to be so much fun! I’m like a little kid on Christmas morning every time I discover a new way to use my FAVORITE blender of all time!
Add 2 Tablespoons of salted butter and ½ Tablespoon of flour to the blender. I like to slice it so it sits on the bottom. Turn the blender on and with the lid on, select the cook function on high. Allow to cook until the butter is melted, this takes about 1 minute.
Use the pulse button to pulse the butter and flour mixture together 2-3 times. If there is flour on the side of the blender, scrape down the sides with a long scraper. I find this scraper from Pampered Chef is the perfect size to use with the Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender.
Cook the butter and flour on high for 3 minutes. Then add ¼ cup of water. Pulse 2-3 times.
Add 1 cup of corn to the blender and pulse 4-6 times or until the corn is broken up and the texture is semi-smooth.
Add 1 tsp sugar, add ¼ cup of cream, ¼ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Pulse 2-3 times.
Add remaining corn and scrape down the sides. Turn the cook function on high and heat about 5 minutes. Take a skinny scraper that can reach all the way down to the bottom of the blender and move the creamed corn around to allow for more even heating.
Continue to cook on high until the cream corn is hot, this takes about 3 minutes.
Homemade Cream Style Corn
- Ninja Foodi Hot Cold Blender
- 2 Tbsp butter salted
- ½ Tbsp flour
- 10 ounces corn frozen, divided
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt fine grind
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Add 2 Tablespoons of salted butter and ½ Tablespoon of flour to the blender.
- Turn the blender on and with the lid on, select the cook function on high. Allow to cook until the butter is melted. This only takes about 1 minute
- Use the pulse button to pulse the butter and flour mixture together 2-3 times. If there is flour on the side of the blender, scrape down the sides with a long scraper.
- Cook the butter and flour on high for 3 minutes. Then add ¼ cup of water. Pulse 2-3 times.
- Add 1 cup of corn to the blender and pulse 4-6 times or until the corn is broken up and the texture is semi-smooth.
- Add 1 tsp sugar, add ¼ cup of cream, ¼ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. Pulse 2-3 times
- Add remaining corn and scrape down the sides. Turn the cook function on high and heat about 5 minutes. Take a skinny scraper that can reach all the way down to the bottom of the blender and move the creamed corn around to allow for more even heating.
- Continue to cook on high until the creamed corn is hot, this takes about 3 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
ABOUT THE RECIPE AUTHOR, LOUISE LONG
Louise is a full-time recipe creator and food blogger @ The Salted Pepper. She has over 30 years of experience with cooking and recipe development. She owned a restaurant for several years and was a full-time RN until retiring to blog full-time.
Louise has several very active Facebook groups that help people with the basics of cooking and getting the most out of the Ninja Foodi.
Seeing the need for easy, delicious, and high quality recipes, she is focusing all of her efforts creating recipes specifically for the Ninja Foodi. Her recipes are easy for the home cook to follow and provide step-by-step instructions.
Louise is also a YouTube creator and you can find most of her recipes in video format on The Salted Pepper YouTube channel.
She is very responsive to messages and eager to help in any way she can.